Review: Vanna’s Choice from Lion Brand Yarns
This yarn is a workhorse…and we mean that in the nicest sense. It has been one of our go-to yarns for years so it was only natural that we used it in our stashbuster challenge.
According to the Lion Brand website: Vanna White, America’s favorite crocheter and Lion Brand’s spokesperson for over 15 years, introduces Vanna’s Choice®, an easy-care, silky-soft premium basic available in a range of beautiful, expertly-coordinated shades.
Worsted Weight: 170 yrds / 100 g
100% Premium Acrylic
Vanna’s Choice Pros:
- Lots of color options – there are several fun lines in Vanna’s Choice including: Tapestry and Baby. She also has a Glamour and Sequins line. What will Vanna dream up next? Looks like she’s introduced Mohair with her Complements line. Oh my!
- Smooth texture glides across fingers nicely
- Pretty Soft
- Has a good twist, so doesn’t split very often
- Has a medium sheen – not too shiney or too dull
- A portion of the proceeds is donated to Charity (St Jude’s)
Vannna’s Choice Cons:
- Even with all the colors available, we still long for more options in yellow
Patterns Using Vanna’s Choice:
Many of our patterns use Vanna’s Choice including those in this month’s challenge. Here are some links to patterns using this yarn:
- Floral Heart Throw Pillow – From Twins Face Off
- Flower Door Stops – From Twins Face Off
- Crochet Patterns on Lion Brand Website
- Knitting Patterns on Lion Brand Website
- Crochet Patterns on Ravelry
- Knitting Patterns on Ravelry